You Don’t Have to Do it Alone
The MedOpp Advising Office provides pre-professional advising for ALL pre-med, pre-dental, pre-optometry, and pre-podiatry students at MU.
The MedOpp Advising Program is a co-curricular program that offers seminars, workshops and activities that are designed to complement the student’s academic and scholarly achievements in preparation for application to professional programs. Services include:
- Advice on course selection (in conjunction with your academic adviser)
- Information on professional school admissions tests
- Guidance in making application to professional schools
- Guidance about letters of recommendation/evaluation
- A committee composite letter of evaluation
- Information on post-baccalaureate programs
- Information on summer internship opportunities
- Referrals to other university resources
- Medical and Dental Application Program (MDAP) for Juniors and Seniors
- Freshmen Connection and Sophomore Connection Programs
- Premed Scholars Program
Students are expected to take an active role in preparing for their professional education. We encourage you to attend our seminars and workshops to ensure that you are preparing a strong application to the professional school of your choice.